Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a look at these. Thus, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to launch a web site, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by particular providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage solutions often involve advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a given spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the load between separate hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share a big number of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is typically free. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your mailbox accounts. Some companies provide web hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you want to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to run a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Marketing Pros, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific content only.